Video released of deadly Christmas day police-involved shooting

The Bowser Administration has released the police body camera footage of a fatal police-involved shooting on Christmas Day in Northeast D.C.

Gerald Javon Hall was fatally shot by D.C. police after responding to a domestic dispute call in the 3200 block of Walnut Street. Hall's family has maintained that he was not armed with a knife, but the new video now being provided to the public shows otherwise.

MORE: DC police: Officer shoots, kills knife-wielding man

The footage shows the two responding officers arriving at the Northeast D.C. home where they found Hall standing in the doorway of his home holding a knife. The 29-year-old ignored multiple officer commands to "drop the knife," and an officer discharged their service weapon striking him.

After shooting Hall, the two officers can be seen using a medical kit to try to treat the wound to his chest until EMTs arrived several minutes later. Hall would later died at the hospital.

*Viewer discretion advised*

Hall's family, who saw the video not long after the incident, has said he did not have any weapons on him at the time of the shooting.

"That video showed nothing about him waving a knife," Hall's mother told FOX 5 last week. "They shot him dead. They told the girl, 'Move, move, move out of the way.' Pow, pow, pow after that. That was it … I don't feel like my son deserved [any] of this."

MORE: Family of DC man disputes he had knife when he was fatally shot by police

But still images from the body camera video show Hall holding a knife pointed downward until just a few seconds before the officer fired. However, Bowser does agree that someone viewing the body camera in real-time may not have been able to see the knife.

"I've seen [the video] many times," said Bowser. "I have seen it slowed, I have seen it frame-by-frame, but if you are seeing it quickly, you may not see the same thing that you have seen after reviewing it many times. I can see it as possible for somebody who may have viewed it quickly not to see everything the officer encountered."

According to the transcripts released of the 911 calls made that morning, the callers told dispatchers that Hall had a knife in hand and he was beating his girlfriend.

Hall leaves behind four children, and according to his family, he was a 5-year Navy veteran and worked as an electrician. He would have turned 30 years old on Dec. 29.

MORE: Family, friends hold vigil for DC man killed by police on Christmas

Bowser has not yet released the name of the officer who fired the shot, who remains on administrative leave, according to officials.