Restaurant erupts in flames in Prince George's County

A chicken restaurant caught fire Saturday in West Lanham Hills (Prince George's County Fire Dept.)

 A restaurant erupted in flames Saturday morning in Prince George's County.

Nobody was hurt during the fire at Peru's Chicken at 9001 Annapolis Road in West Lanham Hills, but the blaze did force officials to shut down traffic on the street in both directions.

Firefighters say witnesses first noticed the fire around 10:42 a.m. Saturday.

Firefighters also tweeted out a video with one witness account: