Va. residents displaced after two-alarm fire

LEESBURG, Va. (AP) -- A blaze ignited by fireworks that were improperly extinguished has displaced multiple residents in the Stone Ridge neighborhood of Loudoun County.

A two-alarm house fire ignited just before 10:30 p.m. on Saturday near Sodalite Square. Firefighters from surrounding towns and counties responded to the blaze, which shot flames from multiple floors of a town house.

Fire officials say the cause of the blaze was fireworks that were not properly put out before they were placed in a garage.

Officials say no injuries were reported but that the fire caused roughly $700,000 in damage. The displaced residents are receiving aid from the American Red Cross.