Reward offered for gunman wanted in murder of 10-year-old Makiyah Wilson, US Marshals announce

WASHINGTON (FOX 5 DC) – A reward is being offered for information leading to the arrest of a gunman wanted in the murder of 10-year-old Makiyah Wilson, officials announced on Monday.

The U.S. Marshals announced a $5,000 reward is being offered for information that leads to the capture of Isaiah Murchison. Murchison is wanted for first-degree murder in connection with the slaying of Makiyah, a 10-year-old girl who was killed when multiple gunmen opened fire on a crowd while she was buying ice cream in her Northeast DC neighborhood on July 16, 2018.

RELATED: Police release video of gunmen firing in DC neighborhood that resulted in 10-year-old girl's death

Murchison is one of nearly a dozen people indicted by a grand jury. Multiple suspects, including Mark Tee Price, Qujuan Thomas, Quentin Michals, Gregory Taylor and Darrise Jeffers have been taken into custody in connection with the murder of the 10-year-old girl.

Quanisha Ramsuer was charged with obstruction of justice in connection with the shooting investigation, officials said.

RELATED: Heartbroken parents of Makiyah Wilson speak out about the loss of their 10-year-old daughter

U.S. Marshals said Murchison is believed to be one of the gunmen who opened fire and is a known member of the Wellington Park Crew gang.

Court records state the motive for the shooting was payback for a 2017 shooting on Stanton Road in which Michals and two others were shot and wounded. Makiyah was shot in the back with one round, according to court documents. In all, 76 shell casings were found at the scene and 45 of those came from a firearm described by officials as an "assault pistol," which had a drum on it that could hold 100 rounds of ammunition.

RELATED: Makiyah Wilson's uncle completes walk from DC to Philadelphia in her honor

Investigators said they received a tip that a black 2008 Infiniti G35 matching the description of the getaway vehicle pulled into an apartment building's parking lot the evening of the shooting. The witness said four men got out of the vehicle and three of them had masks on. The man who didn't have a mask on was identified as Michals, according to officials.

According to court documents, Thomas took a plea deal for charges related to a robbery with a firearm last summer and had a two-year sentence suspended. Due to this plea deal, Thomas was out of jail at the time of Makiyah's death when he would have otherwise been behind bars.

RELATED: Donations pour in for 10-year-old girl shot and killed in Northeast DC

On Aug. 2, DC police searched seven apartments on two different streets in Southeast DC. According to three law enforcement sources, some people were taken into custody and questioned, but there were no arrests. Several phones were seized during the investigation and authorities said they contained dozens of messages referencing guns and recruiting other members of the crew for the shooting.

The car that was involved in the fatal shooting was later found abandoned in the Suitland area of Prince George's County. The car belonged to a woman who was carjacked on July 1. On Aug. 14, police arrested 21-year-old Kevin Eugene Jones for the carjacking.

Anyone with information that can help authorities take Murchison into custody is urged to call (202) 727-9099.