Prince George’s County school bus driver fair aims to fill nearly 200 vacancies
SUITLAND, Md. - Prince George's County is hoping to address a bus driver shortage by hosting a hiring fair Wednesday.
The school system is experiencing a shortage of more than 190 school bus drivers as the new school year approaches.
The job fair will be held Wednesday, August 17 from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Skyline Administration Building located at 6311 Randolph Road in Suitland.
Bus drivers will start at $20.32 per hour. Jobs will include health, dental, and vision insurance as well as retirement benefits.
Applicants must meet these qualifications:
- Must be at least 21 years of age with a valid Driver's License to Apply
- At least three years of driving history
- Communicate effectively in English
- Ability to obtain a Commercial Driver's License (CDL), Class A or B with passenger endorsement or Class B Learner's Permit with passenger (P) and school bus (S) endorsements
- No more than two current points on their driving record. No more than 3 points issued in the past 10 years
- Satisfactory past driving record
- Pass a DOT Physical Examination
- Ability to meet special training and qualifications determined by PGCPS
All applicants must pre-register for the hiring event.