Prince George's County Public Schools announce free meal sites for students
PRINCE GEORGE'S COUNTY, Md. (FOX 5) - Prince George’s County Public Schools has selected nine locations to serve as meal sites while all public schools are closed as a part of ongoing efforts to slow the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
List of school closings due to coronavirus concerns in DC, Maryland and Virginia
Meals at each locaction are free to students.
“Making sure our students have access to meals during this closure is a major concern for our community and Board of Education,” said CEO Dr. Monica Goldson. “For that reason, we have identified nine meal sites that are strategically placed throughout the county to ensure each student has access to nutritious meals.”
Prince George's County Public Schools will provide “grab and go” lunches at regional locations from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday during the closure. Students may get a sack lunch at one of the following locations:
- Martin Luther King Jr. Middle School, 4545 Ammendale Road, Beltsville
- William Wirt Middle School, 6200 Tuckerman St., Riverdale Park
- Nicholas Orem Middle School, 6100 Editors Park Drive, Hyattsville
- Kenmoor Middle School, 2500 Kenmoor Drive, Landover
- Benjamin Tasker Middle School, 4901 Collington Road, Bowie
- Walker Mill Middle School, 800 Karen Blvd., Capitol Heights
- Drew-Freeman Middle School, 2600 Brooks Drive, Suitland
- Thurgood Marshall Middle School, 4909 Brinkley Road, Temple Hills
- Stephen Decatur Middle School, 8200 Pinewood Drive, Clinton