Maggot infestation saves man's life

A Vietnamese man who had an infected head injury may have been saved by maggots that ate the dead tissue, Central European News (CEN) reported.

Pham Quang Lanh, 28, was struck by an iron bar that had fallen off the building where he was employed as a guest worker in Malaysia. A titanium plate was inserted over his skull and seemed to heal, leaving Lanh with occasional headaches.

A year ago, he noticed it was swollen and sore to the touch.

"I didn't want to go to hospital again because I hoped it would heal on its own and even now, three years later, I'm still paying the bill back for the last operation. I just couldn't afford another medical bill," Lanh told CEN.

See the Full Story at