WASHINGTON - Washington, D.C. is America's fittest city for the third year in a row.
According to the American Fitness Index (AFI), D.C. ranks number one among U.S. cities that support healthy living and that work to achieve a healthy and active population.
Fewer cases of smoking, heart disease, and diabetes and a high percentage of residents who bike or walk to work helped the District achieve the top ranking.
Here are the top 10 metro area:
- Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, DC-VA-MD-WV
- Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MN-WI
- Denver-Aurora-Lakewood, CO
- Portland-Vancouver-Hillsboro, OR-WA
- San Francisco-Oakland-Hayward, CA
- Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue, WA
- Boston-Cambridge-Newton, MA-NH
- Salt Lake City, UT
- Hartford-West Hartford-East Hartford, CT
- San Diego-Carlsbad, CA
READ THE FULL REPORT: http://americanfitnessindex.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/acsm_afireport_2016_FINAL.pdf