WASHINGTON (FOX 5 DC) - Drivers traveling in the District next week should look out for road closures and parking restrictions as the swearing-in ceremony for D.C.'s mayor and attorney general takes place.
The ceremony is happening on Monday and parking restrictions start at 5 a.m.
The following streets will have an Emergency No Parking restriction on Monday from 5 a.m. to 7 p.m.:
- East curb lane of 9th Street from M Street to Mount Vernon Place NW
- West curb lane of 7th Street from M Street to Mount Vernon Place NW
- L Street from 7th Street to 9th Street NW
- North curb lane of K Street from 9th Street to 10th Street NW
- North curb lane of K Street from 6th Street to 7th Street NW
The following street will be closed to traffic on Monday from 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.:
- L Street from 7th Street to 9th Street, NW
All vehicles that are parked in violation of the emergency no parking signs will be ticketed and towed.