Accidental fire displaces 3 from Northwest DC apartment
WASHINGTON - Three people were out in the cold after an overnight fire in an apartment complex in the Northwest part of the District.
D.C. Fire and EMS crews responded to the blaze around 10:30 p.m. Sunday on the 1700 block of 13th Street. The fire is believed to be accidental and originated around the gas fire place.
In addition to the three, two pets were also displaced. Officials say they have found temporary shelter. No injuries were reported.