WASHINGTON (FOX 5 DC) - OXON HILL, Md. (FOX 5 DC) - In a video released by the law firm representing the family of the girl who received an electric shock at MGM National Harbor last year, her parents are sharing the impact of the accident on their family.
Rydricka Rosier and Carlos Green say their visit to MGM on June 26, 2018 changed their lives forever.
Their six-year-old daughter Zynae Green touched a handrail charged with 120 volts of electricity, which caused cardiac arrest and a traumatic brain injury. She is no longer able to walk or talk.
County-hired engineers discovered the electricity was in the metal rail as a result of several construction and wiring failures.
The family is suing MGM, its electrical contractor Rosendin Electric and the general contractor Whiting-Turner.
In a video recorded as part of the settlement negotiations, Green's parents explain the event's impact.
Green's parents say she receives nearly 24-hour care and requires tubes to eat and drink. They say Green's siblings have also struggled to adjust to living life with a different version of Zynae.
A trial is the case is scheduled for February.
There is also an ongoing criminal probe of the incident.