Occupants rescued from balconies during fire at Lanham apartment complex
LANHAM, Md. - Several occupants of an apartment complex in Lanham were rescued from their balconies Tuesday morning after fire spread through their building.
Emergency crews responded to the fire on the 9900 block of Good Luck Road at around 6:30 a.m.
No injuries were reported, however, firefighters used ladders to assist several people out of their apartments by way of their balconies.
The fire appears to be accidental and has caused an estimated $75,000 in damages.
Area resident James Stilipec captured video of the flames as they burned a lower level apartment.