Memorial Day summer BBQ tips from chefs Salt and Pepper
Happy Memorial Day -- the grill is fired up!
See how you can wow your guests at your next cook out this summer with grilling experts Brian Reeve and Terrell Danley – Salt and Pepper!
SnP's Grilled Chicken Thighs
Serves 6 to 8
Prep time-30 minutes to 1 hour; cooking time 10 minutes
3 lbs. chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
Juice from ½ lemon
2 Tbsps. molasses
2 Tbsps. Dijon mustard
2 Tbsps. salt
1 Tbsp. pepper
Garnish - favorite BBQ sauce
1. Add ingredients (except BBQ sauce) to large bowl; mix until chicken is well coated.
2. Marinate uncovered at room temperature 30 minutes to an hour.
3. Put thighs on hot grill; cook 5 minutes per side or until done (make sure grill lid is closed while cooking).
4. Serve w/favorite BBQ sauce.
Serves 4 to 6
2 lbs. ground beef (80 % meat, 20% fat)
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
½ medium onion, finely diced
2 Tbsps. favorite barbecue sauce
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
¼ cup bread crumbs
½-to-1 cup blue cheese, crumbled (can substitute gorgonzola)
4 to 6 Kaiser rolls
1. Preheat grill to high.
2. In large bowl, use hands to mix all ingredients except buns and cheese.
3. Form 10-to-12 same size meatballs; flatten each into ¼ -inch size patties.
4. Spoon about 2 Tbsps. cheese in center of one patty; top with another patty; use fingers to pinch patties together, sealing burger.
5. Repeat step 4 until all burgers are formed; put on grill.
6. Cook about 5 minutes on each side for medium well.
7. Serve on roll with favorite condiments.
Chef Tee's Grilled Steak w/Grilled Vegetables
4, (12-to-14 ounces) New York Strip Steak, angus or prime
2 Tbsps. canola oil
2 Tbsps. Montreal seasoning salt
3 ounces melted butter
2 Tbsps. Montreal steak seasoning
Grilled Vegetables (see recipe below)
1. Pre-heat grill.
2. Set out meat for ½ hour to bring to room temperature
3. Coat steaks with oil; season w/seasoning salt.
4. Grill to desired temperature (3-to-5 minutes per side for medium rare).
5. Allow steak to sit for five minutes.
6. Drizzle butter over steak.
7. Sprinkle Montreal steak seasoning over meat.
8. Serve w/Grilled Vegetables.
2 pounds favorite vegetables (yellow squash, zucchini, bell peppers, onions, etc.), cut into ½ -inch to 1-inch slices
2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
Kosher or sea salt
1. Coat veggies w/oil.
2. Season with Salt & Pepper.
3. Grill about 3-to-5 minutes or until half-way done because veggies will continue to cook when you remove them from heat.