CAPITOL HEIGHTS, Md. (AP) -- Authorities say a Capitol Heights woman was injured when a firework exploded in her hand.
Prince George's County fire department spokesman Mark Brady says the woman sustained traumatic injuries to three fingers Thursday night when the device exploded on Doewood Lane in Capitol Heights.
Brady says the woman was taken to a nearby trauma center for treatment. He says it's not known exactly what kind of firework exploded in this case since it was destroyed.
Brady says this is the second consumer-purchased fireworks related injury in the county in seven years. He says the county's strict laws prohibiting these kinds of fireworks keep that number low.
Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.