An Indiana police officer has consulted an attorney after drinking a cup of iced tea from McDonald's, he says, was loaded with cleaning chemicals.
Paul Watkins made a stop at a McDonald's in Indianapolis when he says he ordered an iced tea and was given a soft drink cup to fill at a dispenser. After taking a big sip, Watkins immediately felt a burning sensation in his throat.
According to a police report, the dispenser contained a heavy-duty degreaser.
Officer Watkins was taken to a local hospital. The incident is still being investigated.
In the meantime, the owner of the McDonald's released a statement that says, "Serving my customers safe, high quality food and beverages is a top priority at our restaurants. We take this claim very seriously and are looking into the matter."