BBQ grill to blame for fire that damaged home in Clinton

A BBQ grill is to blame for a fire that badly damaged a home overnight in Prince George's County.

The fire happened around 1 a.m. on Symposium Way in Clinton.

A main section of the house, including the roof, was badly damaged. Flames also damaged the house next door. Fire investigators say the grill was on the rear deck when the fire started.

No injuries were reported; however, two adults and three children were displaced. Damages from the fire are estimated to be around $65,000.