Woman injured, burned after mistaking firework for candle in Silver Spring
SILVER SPRING, Md. - A woman suffered a traumatic injury Tuesday after a firework exploded on her in Silver Spring.
Montgomery County Fire & Rescue officials said they responded to a burn injury call on Hampshire West Court on Tuesday afternoon.
SUBSCRIBE TO FOX 5 DC ON YOUTUBE
Download the FOX 5 DC News App for Local Breaking News and Weather
The Fire & Rescue Service said the woman mistook the firework for a candle and lit it.
"She came across some fireworks, in this case, we believe it was basically like a quarter stick of dynamite for that matter," said Pete Piringer, spokesperson for Montgomery County Fire & Rescue Service.
Officials also said 911 wasn't called right away. The woman was taken to the trauma center for a hand injury and burns, but is expected to be okay.