Timeline of Jamar Clark shooting case
Nov. 15, 2015 (12:45 a.m.) - Jamar Clark is shot by Minneapolis police outside of an apartment on the 1600 block of Plymouth Avenue N. Officers were responding to a request for assistance from paramedics who reported that Clark was disrupting their ability to aid an assault victim. Minneapolis police have said Clark was a suspect in the assault. READ THE INITIAL REPORT
Nov. 16, 2015 - Jamar Clark is removed from life support. Later that day, Minneapolis Mayor Betsy Hodges and Police Chief Janee Harteau request a Department of Justice civil rights investigation into the shooting of Jamar Clark. That evening, protests shut down Interstate 94 in north Minneapolis. 42 people were arrested. VIEW PHOTOS
Nov. 18, 2015 - The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension releases the names of the two Minneapolis police officers involved in the shooting of Jamar Clark -- Officer Mark Ringgenberg and Officer Dustin Schwarze. Both officers were placed on administrative leave. IN-DEPTH - Officer involved in Jamar Clark's death sued 10 days before shooting
Nov. 18-19, 2015 - Minneapolis police clash with camped-out protesters at the Fourth Precinct. Some protestors threw rocks and bricks at officers. Officers sprayed a chemical irritant into the crowd, along with several non-lethal marking rounds. At a press conference, Chief Harteau said most protestors remained peaceful, but there were several anarchists in the crowd that were focused on mayhem. VIEW PHOTOS
"We support first amendment rights [and] peaceful demonstrations, but we will not tolerate violent actions by anyone that puts the public at risk in Minneapolis," Harteau said.
Nov. 23, 2015 - 5 people are shot near the intersection of 14th Street N. and Morgan Avenue N., just 2 blocks from the Fourth Precinct. All 5 victims survived. The next morning, 3 men were taken into police custody.
Nov. 24, 2015 - Hundreds of protesters march from the Fourth Precinct to Minneapolis City Hall. Shooting victim Wesley Martin joined the march, walking with a cane and a bandaged leg. He insisted nothing would keep him from what he calls the fight for justice. PLAY VIDEO
Nov. 25, 2015 - Clark's funeral is held at Shiloh Temple in north Minneapolis.
Nov. 30, 2015 - Charges are filed against the 4 men accused of shooting into a crowd of protesters near the Fourth Precinct. The criminal complaint described one suspect, Allen Scarsella, as being a "sovereign citizen and pro-Constitution," who maintains "negative opinions about African Americans." READ DETAILS
Dec. 3, 2015 - Minneapolis police clear protesters from the Fourth Precinct, using construction vehicles and buckets of water to break-up the camp. Most demonstrators left the scene peacefully. PLAY VIDEO
Dec. 23, 2015 - Protesters block access roads to Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport following a "diversion" protest earlier in the day at Mall of America. PLAY VIDEO
Feb. 2, 2016 - Mayor Hodges and Chief Harteau request an independent review by the Justice Department's Office of Community Oriented Policing Services.
Feb. 9, 2016 - The American Civil Liberties Union of Minnesota and Minneapolis NAACP file a lawsuit against the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension to force the release of video footage from Clark's shooting.
Feb. 10, 2016 - The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension announces its investigation is complete, and that the case has been turned over to Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman for review. Freeman says the case will be reviewed by a grand jury.
Feb. 25, 2016 - Freeman sends the case back to the BCA for further investigation.
March 10, 2016 - The Minnesota BCA and Hennepin County attorney's office make one final request for witnesses and evidence in the shooting death of Jamar Clark.
March 16, 2016 - Freeman announces the Jamar Clark case will not be sent to a grand jury. Freeman said that while the use of a grand jury has been standard in police-involved shootings in Minnesota, grand juries "may no longer serve the present evolving standards of justice, accountability and transparency." WATCH ANNOUNCEMENT
March 30, 2016 - Freeman announced that no charges will be filed against the officer's involved in Clark's death. "Officer Schwarze's actions were reasonable because if Clark successfully pulled the gun from the holster, Ringgenberg and Schwarze would have been shot and other bystanders might have been hit as well," Freeman said. READ MORE + WATCH EVIDENCE VIDEOS