Teen charged with murder of 14-year-old boy inside their Woodbridge home

Police have arrested a 17-year-old boy for the murder of a 14-year-old boy after he was found beaten to death inside their Woodbridge townhouse Thursday night.

The suspect and victim, Luis Erick Coca-Crespo, had a family connection and lived together in the same home on Brazil Circle. The younger boy lived on the upper level of the home with his family while the 17-year-old lived in the basement.

Police were called to the home at around 8:45 p.m. Thursday after a family member found both teenagers inside the house, with Coca-Crespo killed from blunt force trauma. After questioning, investigators took the 17-year-old suspect into custody.

Police said there had been a long-running argument between the two and the suspect attacked Coca-Crespo with a weapon. Although the two teenagers were in the middle of a feud, police said the motive is still unclear.

Coca-Crespo was pronounced dead at the scene and police said there did not appear to be a fight. It is unclear how much time had elapsed between the attack and the time Coca-Crespo was found.

Police have charged the 17-year-old as a juvenile.

Coca-Crespo was an eighth-grade student at Mary G. Porter Traditional School in Woodbridge. Principal Darci Whitehead said in a statement Friday:

"We are saddened to inform you that our Porter community has suffered a tragic loss. Luis Coca Crespo, an eighth grade student, died last night. Today, as a result of his death, your child was provided the opportunity to participate in voluntary group or individual counseling by our staff and our crisis response team. Our staff will continue to be available next week as needed, to help students manage their grief."

A neighbor told FOX 5 she would often see the Coca-Crespo around the neighborhood.

"That little boy used to come and help us with the grass and little snow and all that stuff," she said. "His father used to be like a handyman. He has worked in our house a couple of times. Very nice family."

This is the eighth homicide in Prince William County so far this year.