Suspect in Maryland and Delaware shootings arrested

Police say a man who allegedly shot six people he knew in Maryland and Delaware, killing three of them, has been taken into custody in Delaware. The suspect was apprehended Wednesday evening by ATF and allied law enforcement agencies.

Wilmington Police Chief Robert Tracy says 37-year-old Radee Prince was arrested by police and federal agents after he had run about 75 feet Wednesday night in Glasgow. No one was hurt in the apprehension.

Prince has been the subject of a multistate search since the shooting Wednesday morning at his job in Edgewood, Maryland.

Tracy said at a news conference that a tip led authorities to Prince's car, which they found, unoccupied, near a high school about 5 p.m. Wednesday. Prince was found nearby; Tracy says the suspect never made it onto school grounds.

Tracy says arrest warrants are being prepared in both states, and Prince will have a bail hearing in Delaware but did not say when.

Prince is accused of shooting five employees at Advanced Granite Solutions in the Emmorton Business Park in Edgewood, Maryland, killing three and critically injuring two just before 9 a.m. Wednesday.

The three victims killed in the shooting have been identified as 53-year-old Bayarsaikhan Tudev, 34-year-old Jose Hidalgo Romero, of Aberdeen, Maryland, and 48-year-old Enis Mrvoljak, of Dundalk, Maryland.

A short time after the shooting in Maryland, police in Wilmington responded to a report of shots fired at 10:46 a.m. at a car dealership on the 2800 block of Northeast Boulevard. When officers arrived on the scene they found a victim suffering from two gunshot wounds who was still conscious.

The victim then described the suspect with a description matching Prince, and Prince's car was spotted a short distance away. Officers attempted to pursue the car but lost sight of it near 30th and Market Streets in Wilmington. Police located the car on Wednesday night.

Police confirmed Wednesday afternoon that all victims from Edgewood, Maryland and Wilmington, Delaware are connected or associated with the suspect, and they are believed to have been targeted.

Tracy said Wednesday afternoon that Prince had previously been arrested 42 times, including 15 felony arrests. The chief said a large number of the arrests were probation violations.

Harford County, Maryland, Sheriff Jeffrey Gahler said Prince shot his victims with a handgun about 9 a.m. and fled the Emmorton Business Park in Edgewood, which is about 25 miles (40 kilometers) northeast of Baltimore. He said deputies were on the scene within four minutes of the report of a shooting. The sheriff did not release a motive.

MORE: 3 dead, 2 injured in Maryland business park shooting

The victims and the suspect worked for Advanced Granite Solutions, the owner of the company that designs and installs countertops told The Associated Press. Prince has been an employee for four months, working as a machine operator, owner Barak Caba told AP in a brief telephone interview. Caba was shaken and would not provide additional details.

The wounded were in critical condition, according to a spokeswoman for the University of Maryland Medical Center's R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center in Baltimore.

Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan, speaking during a break from a meeting of a state board, said the survivors had gunshot wounds to the head.

Kevin Doyle, of Thornhill Properties, said he was getting tools from his truck when he heard screaming and saw three men running from the office park. The men told him someone was shooting and he asked if they had called 911. They said no, even though, Doyle said, they had phones in their hands.

"I think they were just so scared they didn't (call 911). They had a look of terror," he said.

Yellow crime scene tape cordoned off Advanced Granite Solutions on Wednesday afternoon. Investigators, deputies and federal agents fanned out across the business park to investigate.

Across the road, several employees, some wearing lime green T-shirts with the Advanced Granite Solutions logo, embraced each other as they waited for news of their colleagues. The sheriff said the department had set up a receiving area for family members in a nearby hotel ballroom.

The sheriff said authorities checked an Elkton home after the shooting, but Prince was not there.