VILLA RICA, Ga. - An equestrian center that helps children with disabilities went up in flames early Friday morning, killing one horse and the family dog. The Villa Rica family also lost their home and is being forced to start all over.
One of the horses became trapped in his stall and died, and no one could get to the family dog. They said they are not sure how they are going to care for the 19 other horses that survived.
Michelle Phillips and her daughters opened Pure Horse Play a few years ago. The family said they will rebuild.
A fundraising page is set up to help them realize that goal. Anyone who wants to donate can do so by going to gofundme.com/w4gpvq3w