Electric golf caddy batteries charging on bed explode causing fire that damaged North Bethesda home
NORTH BETHESDA, Md. - Investigators say a fire that damaged a North Bethesda townhome Wednesday was caused when electric golf caddy batteries that were charging on a bed exploded.
Download the FOX 5 DC News App for Local Breaking News and Weather
The fire happened at the around 9:30 p.m. in the 11300 block of Hollowstone Drive.
Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services Spokesperson Pete Piringer said the lithium batteries were charging on the bed when the explosion happened. The explosion sparked a fire that was contained by residential sprinklers.
SUBSCRIBE TO FOX 5 DC ON YOUTUBE
No injuries were reported. Piringer estimates damages of around $20,000.