SILVER SPRING, Md. - Six Francis Scott Key Middle School students were hospitalized after reportedly ingesting a combination of alcohol, cold medicine and candy while in school on Friday.
Officials say the students reportedly swallowed vodka, NyQuil and Jolly Ranchers before becoming ill.
Derrick Turner, with Montgomery County Fire and Rescue, said that before they were hospitalized, the students were sent to the school nurse.
The students suffered non-life-threatening injuries. The investigation is still continuing.