The Department of Justice identified the suspects as:
- Junior Noe Alvarado-Requeno, a/k/a “Insolente” and “Trankilo,” age 23, of Landover, Maryland
- Luis Arnoldo Flores-Reyes, a/k/a “Maloso” and “Lobo,” age 39, of Arlington, Virginia
- Miguel Angel Corea Diaz, a/k/a “Reaper,” age 38, of Long Branch, New Jersey
- Jairo Arnaldo Jacome, a/k/a “Abuelo,” age 38, of Langley Park, Maryland
- Brayan Alexander Contreras-Avalos, a/k/a “Anonimo,” “Malia,” and “Humilde,” age 20, of Silver Spring, Maryland
According to the DOJ, Jacome was a member and associate of the Langley Park Salvatrucha Clique of MS-13. All other defendants were members and associates of the Sailors Clique of MS-13.
The crimes include hatching a plot to murder members of a rival gang – the 18th Street gang – in Hyattsville, Md.; murdering a person in Germantown, Md. for so-called infractions against MS-13; and traveling to Lynchburg, Va. to murder a victim.