2 Montgomery County students hospitalized after vaping at school

Two students at Winston Churchill High School in Potomac were rushed to a local hospital after they ingested THC through a vaping device on Wednesday.

Officials say they learned that three students in all were vaping on school property on Wednesday.
THC is the psychoactive element in cannabis.

The students were back in school on Thursday, but may face disciplinary measures.

Principal Brandice Heckert says the problem is ongoing.

"There are people who try it because it is so easy to try and so easy to access - there are some students who have admitted that they are addicted to and whether that be a physical addiction to whatever they are vaping or kind of that peer interaction or almost the technology that they feel like they need to do but I can't necessarily put a percentage or a level on but it is something that we increasingly see daily and over months since the beginning of school," she said.

Montgomery County officials say they are working hard to educate students on the dangers of vaping after a number of incidents at schools in recent months.

Officials say the devices come in a variety of shapes and sizes, and can be easily hidden.

Now, they're being more aggressive and proactive, and letting students know the dangers and the consequences of vaping.