2 dead in early morning house fire in Bethesda day before Thanksgiving
BETHESDA, Md. - Officials say two people are dead after a fire on the morning before Thanksgiving destroyed their Bethesda home.
The fire was reported around 1 a.m. in the 4900 block of Western Avenue by a neighbor who saw the flames.
Emergency crews say two residents were pulled from the blaze but died on the scene. No one else was believed to be inside. The deaths are the first two residential fire fatalities of the year reported in Montgomery County.
Officials say no cause for the fire has been determined but they will look into the possibility of space heaters or other heat sources contributing t the start of the blaze.
Investigators told FOX 5 that there were no working smoke detectors in the home.
The fire has been placed under control and crews are now focusing on 'hotspots.' Commuters can expect delays in and around the area until later this afternoon.