2 bodies found at Annapolis mansion fire site; 4 people still unaccounted for

Two bodies were found in the ruins of an Annapolis mansion fire while four people remain unaccounted for. The new developments come in as investigators still search for the cause of the Monday morning fire.

The two bodies were taken by the medical examiner to be identified. It is unknown how long it will take. Fire investigators are not saying whether they were the bodies of the children or their grandparents.

Given the ruins and size of the mansion, this search is a massive effort that could take days to complete as investigators are carefully going through the debris.

Cadaver dogs brought in to help search for the victims got a positive hit Wednesday morning and that is when the two bodies were found.

This home burned to the ground early Monday morning. Don and Sandy Pyles, who owned the 16,000-square foot home, and their four grandchildren were unaccounted for and are believed to have died in the fire.

Don Pyles was a tech entrepreneur and chief operating officer of ScienceLogic in Reston, Va.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms and Explosives is assisting with the investigation.

The home remains a crime scene, which is standard until investigators determine whether the fire was accidental or intentionally set.

Meanwhile, the search for the remaining four victims continues.

"They are aware of some of the layout of the house," said Anne Arundel County Fire Department spokesperson Russ Davies. "They are going through a meticulous process. There is a lot of heavy materials from the house … this isn't built like a typical like a typical residential house. This is more like a commercial structure, so it is a time-consuming process that they are going through right now."

At this point, they have not determined if the fire was suspicious.

Firefighters were called in by the home's alarm company and say no one inside the house called 911.

Fire officials also told us there was a large propane tank on the property, but no one reported hearing any sounds of an explosion.

Davies said that they have not yet brought in accelerant dogs to determine if any accelerant was used.