Zip Trip Giveaway Rules
DC Area Acura Dealers Zip Trip Acura Lease Giveaway Rules
Who Can Enter
1. Entrants must be legal residents of Washington, D.C., Virginia, West Virginia, or Maryland who are 18 years of age or older and have lawful access to the method(s) of entry set forth in these rules.
2. Employees of Fox Television Stations, LLC, owner of television station WTTG, and DC Area Acura Dealers (collectively, "Sponsor"), their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family and household members of each are ineligible.
How To Enter
3. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Only one entry per e-mail address. The giveaway begins at 12:01 a.m. local time on May 28, 2018, and all entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. local time on August 19, 2018
4. To enter, go to www.fox5dc.com/contests, look for the link to the "DC Acura Dealers Zip Trip Acura Lease Giveaway," and follow the instructions to complete the online entry form.
5. Sponsor is not responsible for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware, or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry, winner(s) or other giveaway information by Sponsor or entrants for any reason whatsoever. Sponsor is also not responsible for any injury or damage to any entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any materials in the giveaway or for entries that are late, misdirected or incomplete. All entry materials may be maintained as part of WTTG's giveaway records. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE GIVEAWAY IS A VIOLATION OF THE CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the giveaway if it becomes technically or otherwise corrupted.
6. Five finalists will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries on or about August 20, 2018, and notified by email of their selection as a finalist. Finalists will have two business days to respond and provide proof of eligibility and a signed release. If a finalist fails to respond in time, that finalist will be disqualified and an alternate finalist will be chosen from among all remaining valid entries, if time permits. Each finalist must attend the final FOX5 Good Day DC Zip Trip event on August 31, 2018 (date subject to change at Sponsor's sole discretion upon reasonable notice), at the Zip Trip location chosen by WTTG FOX5 in its sole discretion, in order to be eligible to win the grand prize. No proxies or "stand-ins" will be permitted. If a finalist is not present at the Zip Trip event on August 31, 2018, he or she will be disqualified. The location of the final Zip Trip will be available on www.fox5dc.com one week prior to the event and each finalist will be notified by email. If a finalist cannot attend the event at the date and time selected by Sponsor, an alternative will be selected at random from among all remaining valid entries, if time permits. Any expenses incurred by finalists in attending the August 31, 2018, Zip Trip are the sole responsibility of the finalists.
Each finalist will randomly select a sealed box at the final Zip Trip event. One box will contain a "live" key. There will be one vehicle and one key per finalist, up to five (5). If not all finalists are present, the number of keys and vehicles will be adjusted accordingly. Finalists will attempt to start their assigned vehicle with their key during a live segment on Good Day DC. The finalist whose key starts their assigned vehicle will be the Grand Prize winner. In the event a technical error occurs (e.g. more than one key starts a finalist's assigned vehicle) the Grand Prize winner will be determined based on a random drawing among all finalists.
7. One Grand Prize winner will receive a two-year, 20,000-mile lease of a 2019 Acura TLX Tech with a pre-determined set of standard factory options, color to be selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion (the "Prize Vehicle"). All costs, taxes, and expenses not specified as part of the prize (including, without limitation, sales tax, luxury tax, destination charges, dealer prep, additional equipment, licensing, registration, insurance, title and all other expenses on receipt and use of the Prize Vehicle are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner). Grand Prize winner is solely responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses during his/her lease and operation of the Prize Vehicle and any and all liabilities incurred as a result of or arising from the use of the Prize Vehicle after the Grand Prize winner takes possession of the Prize Vehicle. The Grand Prize winner must acquire an automobile insurance policy as required by law covering the Prize Vehicle prior to taking possession of the Prize Vehicle. . The approximate retail value of the prize is $9,988.32. The Grand Prize Winner will the option to receive a check in the amount of $9,988.32 in lieu of the Prize Vehicle. The prize is provided by DC Area Acura Dealers
WTTG is not a manufacturer, distributor or dealer of vehicles. WTTG makes no express or implied warranties, representations or guarantees of any kind relative to the Prize Vehicle, including warranties as to condition, merchantability and fitness.
Prize Vehicle delivery by DC Area Acura Dealers' designated dealership is subject to manufacturer/distributer and dealer production and delivery schedules. DC Area Acura Dealers will make commercially reasonable efforts to deliver the Prize Vehicle no later than 3 months after the Grand Prize winner is notified by WTTG. Grand Prize winner must show proof of a valid driver's license and insurance. Grand Prize winner is responsible for complying with all requirements related to registration, licensing and titling of the Prize vehicle in the Grand Prize winner's state. Grand Prize winner must take delivery of and title to the Prize Vehicle at a location designated by DC Area Acura Dealers. Neither DC Area Acura Dealers nor WTTG is responsible for delivery of the Prize Vehicle to the Grand Prize winner's location.
Sponsor reserves the right to have the Grand Prize winner sign any additional releases required by DC Area Acura Dealers.
8. The Grand Prize winner will be notified in person on August 31, 2018. The Grand Prize winner will be required to complete, sign, and return a Certification of Eligibility and Release in a manner determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion within two business days after notification or the Grand Prize winner will be disqualified. If the Grand Prize winner does not return the signed and completed Certification of Eligibility and Release within the designated time period, the Grand Prize winner may be disqualified and the Grand Prize forfeited. In such case, Sponsor will select an alternate winner by random drawing from among the remaining finalists.
9. Prizes cannot be substituted for any other items by the winner(s). The winner(s) cannot assign or transfer prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of like or greater value, including cash, for any prize, for any reason.
10. The winner(s) is responsible for all local, county, state, and federal taxes on prizes based on the value of the prizes set forth in these rules.
11. Only one prize will be awarded per household. Individuals are eligible to win only one prize within any 90-day period, regardless of the number of giveaways entered.
Odds of Winning Miscellaneous
12. Odds of winning depend on the number of correct entries received.
13. Except where prohibited by law, entry constitutes permission to use winners' names, hometowns, likenesses, and photographs for broadcast, online posting, and/or any in any other media, including for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional compensation.
14. These giveaway rules are available at www.fox5dc.com/contests, and Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WTTG, 5151 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Washington, D.C., 20016, through October 1, 2018
15. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope no later than one year following the end of the entry period, to: 5151 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., Washington, D.C., 20016.
16. This giveaway is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law, including without limitation, in jurisdictions requiring registration, filing, trust account, or posting of a bond, or any other requirements or disclosures that are not expressly satisfied by these rules. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, offering, or administration of the giveaway, or in the announcement of the prize. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a particular entry, Sponsor will determine the entrant's identity or select an alternate winner, in its sole discretion.