Used sparklers ignited McLean fire, officials say
MCLEAN, Va. (FOX 5 DC) - A family is safe after used sparkers that were thrown in the trash ignited a fire at a home in McLean on Wednesday night.
Firefighters responded to the scene in the 7400 block of Georgetown Court around 9:50 p.m.
When they arrived, firefighters say smoke was issuing from a garage.
They were able to keep the fire contained to the garage, and none of the people in the home were injured.
One firefighter suffered what officials described as a minor injury, and he was taken to a local hospital for a check-up.
There were seven people in the home at the time of the fire - two adults and five children.