It's that time of the week when we say "Cheers to the weekend!" Every Friday night, we invite a bartender or mixologist to share their signature cocktail.
Matt Allred, lead bartender for Zentan restaurant located in The Donovan Hotel in Thomas Circle, joined us on FOX 5 News to mix us up a drink called "The Japanese."
Cocktail: The Japanese
- 1 oz cognac
- 0.25 oz orgeat
- 0.5 oz lime juice
- 3 dashes of angostura bitters
- Lime twist
- In a mixing glass combine cognac, orgeat, lime juice, and bitters.
- Add ice and seal with a shake tin.
- Give it a healthy shake and strain into your favorite vintage glassware.
- Garnish with a lime twist.
Zentan (Located in The Donovan Hotel)
1155 14th Street NW
Washington, DC 20005