ROCKVILLE, Md. - Six pedestrians were struck in Montgomery County Monday night, authorities say.
Montgomery County police say a woman was struck on Beall Avenue at Gibbs Street in Rockville at around 5:20 p.m. A 24-year-old Gaithersburg woman driving a 2017 Dodge Charger westbound on Beall Avenue struck the victim as she was attempting to the cross the roadway. She was taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries, officials say.
According to fire officials, five other pedestrians were injured in separate incidents:
- An adult pedestrian was struck at Carroll Avenue and Flower Avenue in Takoma Park at around 6 p.m.
- An adult pedestrian hit in front of a Staples store in Germantown
- In Bethesda, a teenage pedestrian was struck on Elm Street and Arlington Road
- An adult was hit in Rockville on Halpine Street and Rockville Pike
- A person was struck on University Boulevard and East Franklin Avenue in Silver Spring
A Montgomery County Fire and Rescue spokesperson says the victims in these collisions were taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Rain fell in the D.C. region Monday night. It is unknown if these incidents were weather-related.