(FOX NEWS) - An Illinois mother says her daughter was badly burned in a freak accident involving her charging cell phone and a necklace.
Jackie Fedro told Buzzfeed News that an electric current traveled through the phone into her 13-year-old daughter's metal necklace, leaving her with scars from second-degree burns.
She said her daughter, Gabbie, had been using her cell phone with the charger that came from the store. Jackie described the incident as traumatizing for the family.
"It's the worst feeling in the world as a mother to watch your child scream in pain and have no idea how to help her," she told Buzzfeed News, adding that her daughter had just gotten her first phone for Christmas.