Centreville clubhouse fire estimated at $120K in damages, fire officials say

A large clubhouse fire in Centreville Friday night is estimated to have caused $120,000 in damages, according to Fairfax County Fire and Rescue officials.

The blaze started just after 8:30 at a two-story clubhouse at the 5400 block of Calamint Court in Centreville, according to Fairfax County fire.

Through their investigation, fire officials say the fire is believed to be accidental and originated at the exterior of the clubhouse from a trash can area.

Authorities were alerted after a passerby saw flames coming from the structure and called 911.

Investigators say significant damage to the clubhouse was attributed to a failure of the gas meter lines and flames being rapidly propelled through the structure due to high winds.

No injuries were reported and no one was in the clubhouse at the time. Crews fought and extinguished the majority of the fire from outside and kept it under control until the gas company arrived and turned off an underground valve.