WASHINGTON (FOX 5 DC) - Lyft is offering free rides to black history museums and historical sites in celebration of Black History Month.
During February, Lyft will offer a free ride of up to $10 to black history museums, memorials, relevant cultural sites and black-owned businesses throughout a number of communities across the country, including the D.C. metropolitan area and Baltimore, the rideshare company announced Thursday.
In D.C., the promo code and locations are:
- D.C. Promo Code - BHMDCA19
- Alexandria Black History Museum
- Anacostia Community Museum
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
In Baltimore, the promo code and locations are:
- Baltimore, Md. Promo Code - BHMBWI19
- Frederick Douglass-Isaac Myers Maritime Park
- National Great Blacks In Wax Museum
- Reginald F. Lewis Museum
Lyft says each code is valid for up to $10 off one standard ride to or from each participating location. The ride must begin or end at the location to qualify.
The code will expire on Feb. 28 at 11:58 p.m.
The discount does not apply to tips, cancelation fees, damage charges or taxes, according to Lyft.
For more information, click here.