WASHINGTON - The Mansion Murders case has captivated the nation since May 2015 and has left many with more questions than answers. This week, the trial got underway and we began to see the evidence against Daron Wint and his legal team’s defense.
In Episode 8 of The Mansion Murders, FOX 5’s Melanie Alnwick and Paul Wagner break down everything we learned in Week 1 of the trial against Daron Wint.
During Week 1, we discovered prosecutor Christopher Bruckmann’s plan of attack against Wint as he painted a horrific and blood-soaked crime scene for the jury during his opening statement. Bruckmann detailed the DNA evidence against Wint and described the weapons he allegedly used to kill the Savopoulos family and their housekeeper, including two baseball bats and a sword.
The defense laid out their argument as they looked to convince the jury that Wint was duped by his two brothers and that they actually killed Savvas Savopoulos, his wife Amy, their son Philip, and their housekeeper Veralicia Figueroa, before setting the home on Woodland Drive ablaze on May 13, 2015.
Join The Mansion Murders Facebook group for more updates
The first week also brought the first witnesses to the stand, including Nelly Gutierrez and the father of Amy Savopoulos.
Listen below: (App users, click here)
MORE MANSION MURDERS TRIAL COVERAGE:
- Mansion Murders Trial: Witnesses, evidence detail last encounters with Amy Savopoulos
- DC Mansion Murders: Prosecutors expected to call first witness, Savopoulos assistant Jordan Wallace
- DC Mansion Murders: Prosecutors paint horrific blood-soaked crime scene in opening statements
- Opening statements in trial of Daron Wint, man accused in Savopoulos DC Mansion Murders case
- Prosecutors and defense attorneys will finally present their theories in Mansion Murders case
- Jury selection begins in Savopoulos DC mansion murders case