OXON HILL, Md. (FOX 5 DC) - FOX 5's Evan Lambert says a man suffered a minor shock at MGM National Harbor Wednesday and was taken to a local hospital.
Lambert says a Prince George’s County official said the victim is 35-years-old and was hospitalized with what appeared to be minor injuries at the time.
A county source told FOX 5 that the person suffered a shock from an elevator, but a statement from MGM indicates that the shock reportedly occurred while the employee was handling a food warmer.
According to a statement from MGM, an employee reported a static electric shock after pushing a button on an elevator on Dec. 4. But he was examined and declined being transported to a hospital.
On Wednesday, they say the same person and another individual were moving a food warmer that was not connected to any electricity when they both reported suffering static shocks.
The person who reported being shocked both at the elevator and the food warmer was taken to a local hospital. The second person did not want any treatment after being evaluated.
New information indicates that victim called 911 on Wednesday night because of lingering concerns regarding the elevator incident.
Both the county source and MGM confirm that they have both since checked the elevator, and can't find any problems associated with it.
Sources who have heard the 911 call tell FOX 5 that the caller didn't specify when the elevator shock she described happened. The caller said the man was experiencing "lingering effects" from a shock and that the elevator had been repaired.
MGM says the elevator incident actually happened on December 4, but involved the same man who got a static shock from a food warmer Wednesday night, when he was taken to the hospital.
The employee has since been released from the hospital, according to MGM.