WASHINGTON - Family members of a man who was shot and killed by U.S. Park Police officers gathered Monday outside of the U.S. Department of Justice in Washington, D.C. demanding transparency as they marked 500 days since the shooting.
Bijan Ghaisar, a 25-year-old accountant from McLean, was shot on Nov. 17, 2017, in Fairfax County by two U.S. Park Police officers. The shooting was preceded by a brief chase police believe began after a fender bender on the George Washington Parkway in Alexandria. Ghaisar died 10 days later.
Reports from Fairfax County Police confirmed the family's belief that Ghaisar was not armed and no drugs were in his vehicle. A new video of the incident was released in December of last year.
- Family members of Bijan Ghaisar mark 500 days since shooting with demonstration outside DOJ |
- Park Police officers who shot and killed Bijan Ghaisar identified in court documents |
- Bijan Ghaisar's family demands answers 1-year after his death |
- Fairfax County man fatally shot by US Park Police was unarmed, according to police report |
- US Park Police chief confronted about deadly shooting of Bijan Ghaisar |
- Bijan Ghaisar Shooting: Family sues nearly 9 months after US Park Police fatally shoot accountant |
- Nearly 7 months after US Park Police fatally shoot Bijan Ghaisar, investigation returns to scene |
- US Park Police chief cancels meeting with Norton, Beyer regarding Bijan Ghaisar shooting |
- Bijan Ghaisar's family and friends push for answers in US Park Police shooting death |
- Bijan Ghaisar Shooting: Ex-federal prosecutor questions US Park Police's use of deadly force |
- Video of US Park Police fatal shooting of accountant released by Fairfax County police |
- Fairfax County police say US Park Police fatal shooting of accountant caught on dashcam |
- Police report details traffic accident that took place before Va. man fatally shot by US Park Police |
- Remembering Bijan Ghaisar: Vigil held for McLean accountant shot, killed by US Park Police |
- Virginia man shot by US Park Police after chase dies at hospital, family says |
- FBI investigating shooting of chase suspect by US Park Police officer |
- Police: Hit-and-run suspect shot by officers in Alexandria after leading them on chase, crash |
U.S. Park Police have yet to give an explanation as to why officers shot him. In March, court documents released the names of the officers who were involved in the shooting.
"We are never going to go away. we will be here. we will never forget. not us, not our community, not this town. we will not forget," said Bijan's mother, Kelly Ghaisar.
James Ghaisar, Bijan's father, expressed frustration over what little information has been released in the time since his son's death. "We can't give up, you know. that's all we can do. we are so grateful for all the efforts of everybody, including you guys, to keep this story alive," he told FOX 5's Bob Barnard.
Family and friends of Bijan Ghaisar back out in front of Justice Dept demanding answers from the FBI 500 days after the 25-year-old Virginian was shot dead by US Park Police trying to make a traffic stop. Live update soon on #GoodDayDC @fox5dc pic.twitter.com/pEu1spTm7U— Bob Barnard (@barnardfox5dc) April 1, 2019