FAIRFAX, Va. - Fairfax County Police have released video of a vehicle they believe is connected to a series of tire and rim thefts in the Fairfax area.
Officials say the SUV seen in the video, which is believed to be a 2011-2015 Ford Explorer, was seen on April 3 in the 12800 block of Shadow Oak Lane. This is around the same time another theft was reported in that area.
Since February, officers say 10 incidents of tires and wheels being stolen from GMC and Chevrolet vehicles have been reported in the Herndon, Chantilly, Fairfax and Vienna areas.
Police believe the incidents are related and say suspects seem to be targeting General Motor and Chevrolet model vehicles.
Here's a list of the incidents that have been reported:
- Monday, February 1: 8200 block of Madrillon Estates Drive, Vienna; 2010 Chevrolet Corvette
- Saturday, February 13: 4800 block of Autumn Glory Way, Chantilly; 2014 GMC Denali 1500
- Wednesday, February 17: 2200 block of Stirrup Iron Lane, Reston; 2013 GMC Sierra
- Tuesday, March 8: 4500 block of Stone Pine Court, Chantilly; 2015 GMC Sierra
- Monday, March 21: 3000 block of Heritage Farm Court, Herndon; 2013 and 2008 Chevrolet Corvettes (two vehicles)
- Tuesday, March 29: 13100 block of Bramblewood Lane, Herndon; 2015 GMC Sierra
- Friday, April 1: 3000 block of Hughsmith Court, Herndon; 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe
- Sunday, April 3: 12800 block of Shadow Oak Lane, Fairfax; 2015 Chevrolet Suburban
- Tuesday, April 12: 3200 block of Orchard Glen Court, Herndon; 2010 Chevrolet Corvette
- Wednesday, May 4: 3800 block of Highland Oaks Drive, Fairfax; 2015 GMC truck
All of the vehicle targeted were parked outside. The majority of the thefts happened between 2 a.m. and 4:30 a.m., authorities say.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime Solvers by phone at 1-866-411-TIPS/8477, e-mail at www.fairfaxcrimesolvers.org or text “TIP187” plus your message to CRIMES/274637 or call Fairfax County Police at 703-691-2131.