Dog killed by electrical shock from light pole, owner says

-

A Prince George's County man says his 16-month-old Miniature Pinscher, named Baby, died after it was shocked by electricity from a light pole in his Clinton neighborhood Friday.

Patrick Dodson tells FOX 5 his son was walking Baby in his neighborhood off Maui Street in Clinton, when it began yelping. Dodson says he believes the dog received an electric shock that caused a wound in its chest.

Dodson took the dog to an emergency veterinarian in Waldorf and eventually made the decision to put down the dog on Friday night. He says he called PEPCO, which confirmed to FOX 5 it sent a crew to check on the light pole.

In statement to FOX 5, a PEPCO spokesman said crews did not find any issue with the pole, though it is continuing to investigate. PEPCO says the county owns the light pole, and a county spokesman tells FOX 5 they are looking into the issue as well.

Dodson worries another pet or child could get shocked.

"My kids are hurt over their dog dying and I’m hurt over my dog dying, but I believe there’s something like 16 kids in this neighborhood alone and they’re all playing so I worry about the kids getting hurt as well," said Dodson.

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

More Stories You May Be Interested In - Includes Advertiser Stories