Md. neighborhood told to stay indoors after hazmat incident

MARYLAND CITY, Md. (AP) -- About 500 Maryland City residents were briefly told to stay indoors with their air conditioning off after sulfuric acid was discovered leaking from a trailer that was delivering the chemical.
Anne Arundel County Fire Department spokesman Russ Davies says the trailer was delivering the chemical to Clean Harbors Environmental Services when the driver noticed the leak.
Davies says hazardous materials crews responded at about 9 a.m. Saturday to the incident and lifted the shelter-in-place order around 10:30 a.m.

Up Next:

  • Popular

  • Recent

More Stories You May Be Interested In - Includes Advertiser Stories