Man dies after apparent carbon monoxide poisoning at Rockville home; another hospitalized

- Montgomery County fire officials say a man has died and another man was transported to the hospital after high levels of carbon monoxide was detected inside a house in Rockville.

According to officials, a man contacted authorities after arriving at the single-family home located in the 300 block of Lawrence Drive and found another man on the floor suffering from what he believed was a medical emergency.

When EMS personnel responded to home, carbon monoxide detectors that are attached to their first aid bags alerted them of the extremely high concentration of the odorless gas when they entered.

According to Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson Pete Piringer, the carbon monoxide inside the home was likely the result of a generator running inside.

“The person that came home and discovered this scenario has been transported to the hospital, an adult male, to the Shock Trauma in Baltimore where they have hyperbaric chambers, oxygen-enriched environment," said Piringer. "We are checking out some of the police officers that were here, and of course our Fire and EMS personnel that responded to the scene as well."

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

More Stories You May Be Interested In - Includes Advertiser Stories