WASHINGTON (FOX 5 DC) - Have you ever wanted to drive your favorite pitchers around in a baseball helmet-shaped car? Well then here's the job for you!
The Washington Nationals are looking for a bullpen cart driver to pick up and drop off pitchers during games at Nationals Park. The driver would also clean and charge the vehicle, coordinate with the production team and know which pitchers would prefer a ride to the mound over a slow walk!
Candidates should have a clean driving record, a valid driver's license, knowledge of the game and the flexibility to works nights, weekends, and holidays.
Here are the specifics from the job post:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures the bullpen cart is clean and that the battery is fully charged upon arrival.
- Stage the bullpen cart in place so that it is ready to be used when a pitching change is made.
- Pay close attention to the game by watching the live feed to see when a pitching change could potentially be made.
- Use the team provided radio to communicate with the Production team as to when a pitching change is being made.
- Cross reference pitcher preference document to understand which players would like to use the bullpen cart to get to the mound.
- Drive the bullpen cart to the bullpen to pick up the pitcher entering the game.
- Drop the pitcher off near the corresponding team dugout so they can begin their warm up routine.
- Drive the bullpen cart along the warning track back to the center field gate.
- Once the game has concluded, return the bullpen cart to its storage space and plug in the power cord to charge it overnight.