GERMANTOWN, Md. - Detectives are attempting to identify a body that was found in a shallow grave at a park in Montgomery County, according to officials.
Montgomery County police said the body was found in Seneca Creek Park in Germantown in early June.
Authorities said the victim’s death has been ruled a homicide and investigators were working to identify the remains.
Officials said the victim was described as a male between the ages of 15 and 17, possibly of Hispanic descent and possibly from the Hyattsville area. Detectives said the victim was believed to have been deceased since February or March 2017.
Detectives have released example photos of the victim’s clothing and a photo of a rosary that was found with the body in hopes that someone may recognize the items.
Officials said the following items were found with the victim:
- A turquoise rosary
- A blue, medium-sized Old Navy heavy jacket with a zipper. The detachable hood was attached with snaps.
- A blue, Nautica-brand striped sweater with zipper at the neck. The sweater was a boys size extra-large (14-16).
- Adam Levine “The Dean” slim-fit denim jeans, waist size 30, length size 32.
- Black knit gloves.
- Black, size 10 USPA sneakers.
- Black socks.
- Black, Guess belt, size 32 with a silver rectangular buckle.
- White and blue striped Timberland Polo shirt.
Anyone with information that could aid detectives in their investigation was urged to call Crime Solvers at 1-866-411-8477. A reward of up to $10,000 for any information that leads to the arrest of the suspect or suspects is being offered.