WASHINGTON - Travelers using Metro to travel to and from Reagan National Airport will still continue to see major service interruptions as the fourth phase of Metro’s SafeTrack maintenance begins on Tuesday through July 18.
Metro train service on the Blue and Yellow lines will be shut down between the Reagan National Airport, Crystal City and Pentagon City stations during this time period.
Shuttle bus service will be running between these three stations to get passengers around the closed Metro stations. Metro warns that overcrowding on buses and Blue and Yellow line passengers should consider alternative travel options at these stations.
No trains running at any time:
- Between National Airport and Pentagon City
Crystal City Station closed
Line segment shutdown between National Airport and Pentagon City from July 12 through July 18, 2016.
- Blue Line trains will operate in two segments:
- Trains will run every 12 minutes between Franconia-Springfield and National Airport.
- Trains will run every 12 minutes between Pentagon City and Largo.
- Yellow Line trains will operate in two segments:
- Trains will run every 12 minutes between Huntington and National Airport.
- Trains will run every 12 minutes between Pentagon City and Greenbelt.
- No Rush+ Yellow trains will be operating
- Blue/Yellow customers are encouraged to consider alternate travel options and avoid traveling during rush hour if possible; expect significant crowding on Blue and Yellow line trains
- Limited free high-frequency express Metroway shuttles will operate between Braddock Road, Crystal City and Pentagon City.
- Limited free Metrobus shuttle buses will operate between Braddock Road and Pentagon City stations.
- Limited free Metrobus shuttle buses will operate between Pentagon City, Crystal City and National Airport. (Crystal City and airport customers only)
All through customers traveling to/from DC should use shuttle buses between Braddock Rd and Pentagon City to continue their trip. Northbound customers should exit at Braddock Rd for shuttle. Do NOT stay on the train until National Airport. (Shuttles to/from the airport are LIMITED and should be for airport customers only)
Weekend train frequencies may change to coordinate with other planned track work on the Metrorail system. Weekend service information is posted in the Alerts & Advisories section
Customers are encouraged to use Metroway to increase capacity and options for travel between areas surrounding Braddock Rd, Potomac Yard, Crystal City and Pentagon City stations.
Tap your SmarTrip card each time you enter and exit the Metrorail system. Riders traveling through the work zone will be charged for a single, continuous trip.
Trains may be extremely crowded, especially during rush hour due to service reductions. Expect significant delays at the following stations:
|Van Dorn St||Pentagon|
|Braddock Rd||Eisenhower Ave|
BROCHURES AND MAPS
Map of service impacts (pdf)
Full SafeTrack brochure (pdf)
Surge 3 & Surge 4 brochure (pdf)
Printable Surge 3 & Surge 4 bus alternatives (pdf)
Parking Availability (pdf)
Pentagon City shuttle bus stop map (pdf)
National Airport shuttle bus stop map (pdf)
Crystal City shuttle bus stop map (pdf)
Shuttle Bus Routes (pdf)
Braddock Rd - Pentagon City Shuttle Bus Map (pdf)
Pentagon - Franconia Shuttle Bus Map (pdf)