DAMASCUS, Md. - Montgomery County fire officials said three people were able to get out of their Damascus home unharmed after a large fire broke out Monday night.
The fire happened in the 9400 block of Primrose View Court.
Fire spokesperson Pete Piringer tweeted that around 85 firefighters were on the scene to put out the fire. No one was injured.
However, the two-story house suffered significant damage and a family of five people has been displaced. Firefighters are concerned about the structural integrity of the home and they said it is in danger of collapsing. A collapse zone has been established, according to Piringer.
Fire officials said the cause of the fire was due to improperly discarded smoking materials that led to mulch igniting the siding of the home.