WASHINGTON - Looking for a way to make sure you and your friends get home safely on Halloween night? Washington Regional Alcohol Program (WRAP) has you covered.
WRAP's 2015 Halloween SoberRide program begins at 10 p.m. on Halloween night and continues through 4 a.m. November 1. The service will offer free cab rides up to $30 to individuals 21 and older in the D.C. metropolitan area. Any cost above $30 is the responsibility of the passenger.
To request a ride, call 1-800-200-8294 (TAXI). AT&T customers can dial WRAP directly by calling #WRAP from their wireless device. Rides cannot be requested in advance.
All requests must be made through WRAP. A SoberRide operator will direct your request to the a participating cab company.
When waiting for your SoberRide, keep an eye out for a cab from the area from which you called. Participating companies include:
- Alexandria Yellow Cab (Alexandria)
- Barwood, Inc. (Montgomery County)
- Fairfax Yellow Cab (Fairfax County)
- Loudoun Yellow Cab (Eastern Loudoun County)
- Northern Virginia Checker (Prince William County)
- Red Top Cab Company (Arlington County)
- Silver Cab of Prince George's County (Prince George's County)
- Yellow Cab of District of Columbia (District of Columbia)
- Yellow Cab of Prince William County (Prince William County)