WASHINGTON - It's that time of the week where we say, "Cheers to the weekend!" Every Friday, we invite a different bartender to join us on FOX 5 to share their signature cocktail recipe.
Sean Anthony, beverage director of the Science Club in Dupont Circle, joined us to mix us up "The Carbon Copy."
CLICK ON THE VIDEO ABOVE TO WATCH THE SEGMENT!
Cocktail: The Carbon Copy
- 1.5 oz Russian Standard
- 1.25 oz Hibiscus Tea/Pineapple Syrup
- 1 dash lime bitters
- Chip small piece of dry ice and place into martini glass.
- Add all ingredients into shaker tin.
- Hard shake to mix syrup well.
- Double strain over dry ice.
- ALLOW DRY ICE TO COMPLETELY DISSOLVE BEFORE SERVING!
- Garnish w/ lime zest over cocktail.
- Serve in Marini glass.
• In order to get the smoking effect, Science Club uses a touch of dry ice which immediately upon entering the drink, begins to smoke and bubbly like a witch’s cauldron.
• BONUS: The dry ice makes the drink SUPER cold.
• A word of CAUTION: do not touch dry ice with your bare hands, ironically enough, it will burn you!
1136 19th Street, NW