WASHINGTON - It's that time of the week when we say "Cheers to the weekend!" Every Friday, we invite a local bartender to share their signature cocktail.
This week, Justin Hampton from Poste Moderne Brasserie inside the Hotel Monaco on 8th Street joined us to mix us up a "S'mores Hot Chocolate" with a kick.
CLICK ON THE VIDEO ABOVE TO WATCH THE SEGMENT!
Cocktail: S'mores Hot Chocolate
- 4.5 ounces of spicy hot chocolate (recipe to follow)
- 1.5 ounces of aged rum
- 3 large marshmallows
- 1 graham cracker
- Add 1.5 ounces of rum to a sturdy mug and top with 4.5 ounces of hot chocolate
- Garnish with Brûléed marshmallows and graham cracker
Spicy Hot Chocolate
- 3 quarts of milk
- 1/4 cup of water
- 8 ounces of cocoa powder
- 10 ounces of white sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 crushed dried Thai chili peppers
- Add water to pan with all dry ingredients, heat and whisk to incorporate thoroughly
- Slowly whisk in milk and bring to a very low simmer
- Turn off heat immediately and strain chili solids off