It's that time of the week where we say, "Cheers to the weekend!" Every Friday, we invite a different bartender to join us on FOX 5 to share their signature cocktail recipe.
This week, Drew Lewandowski of Food Wine and Co. in Bethesda, came by to mix us up an "El Antiquado."
CLICK ON THE VIDEO ABOVE TO WATCH THE SEGMENT!
Cocktail: El Antiquado
- 2.5 oz. Macchu Pisco
- 3/4 oz. simple syrup
- 10 dashes of bitters
- Orange slice with rind
- Cut an orange slice (outside edge of an orange). The slice should have mostly rind with a bit of juice.
- Place orange slice into a rocks glass
- Add 10 dashes of aromatic bitters into glass. Ensure enough is on the orange.
- Muddle the orange slice until all juice has been removed. Do not remove orange slice.
- Add 1 oz. of simple syrup to the existing mixture
- Add 2.5 oz. of Macchu Pisco to the existing mixture
- Add one shaker cap of ice to glass
- Massage the rocks glass until well blended
- Garnish as desired and enjoy!
Food Wine & Co.
7272 Wisconsin Avenue
Bethesda, MD 20814