It's that time of the week when we say "Cheers to the weekend!"
This week, Colton Eastcott, bar manager of Earls Kitchen + Bar in Tysons Corner, joined us to mix us up a "Cabin Fever" cocktail.
CLICK ON THE VIDEO ABOVE TO WATCH THE SEGMENT!
Cocktail: Cabin Fever
.75 fl oz - Ginger Syrup
1 fl oz - Pineapple Juice
.75 fl oz - Fresh Lemon Juice
.5 fl oz - Taylor Fladgate 10 Year Tawny Port
1.5 fl oz - Crown Royal
3 dashes - Bittered Sling Moondog Bitters
Soda Water to fill (approx 2 fl oz)
Sprinkle with Icing sugar (snow)
1. In a mixing glass, measure 0.75 fl oz Ginger Syrup
- 1 fl oz Pineapple Juice,
- 0.75 fl oz Lemon Juice,
- 0.5 fl oz Tawny 10 year Port,
- 1.5 fl oz Crown Royal
- and 3 dashes Moondog Bitters.
2. Pack mixing glass full with ice. Top with a stainless steel Shaking tin.
3. Shake vigorously 12 times to mix ingredients.
4. Strain over fresh ice into a Camping Mug.
5. Fill with approx. 2 fl oz Soda Water.
6. Insert a bar spoon and mix thoroughly.
7. Garnish with a Pine Cone and Mint Sprig
8. Spray Bowmore 12 year with atomizer
9. Sprinkle with icing sugar
GLASSWARE: Camping Mug
GARNISH: Pine Cone, Mint Sprig and Bowmore 12 year Spray
Bonus Cocktail: Ginger Syrup
- 12 oz water
- 8 oz ginger sliced into ¼ inch coins, do not peel
- 12 oz sugar
- 5 oz honey
- In a medium saucepan bring water, ginger, sugar and honey to a simmer. Immediately remove from heat as soon as sugar has dissolved
- Puree, using a handheld blender
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve until liquid runs clear into an appropriately sized container with lid, discard or compost ginger pulp
- Allow to cool uncovered to room temperature
- Cover and refrigerate up to a maximum of 9 days
Earls Kitchen + Bar
7902 Tysons One Place
Tysons Corner, VA 22102